Groutless Solid Surfaces: The Inspired Bath – Inspired by you and your personal appreciation for luxury.
Tile Meister manufactureres three different styles of engineered composites, TruStone, Polystone and Cultured Marble. We can design and custom create any vanity top, bowl, shower, tub, tub deck and pedestal to fit your needs and taste. There are no planned designs for engineered composites. Each one is inspired by and designed for the people who will use it. The only similarity you will find in engineered composites is that they are singularly beautiful and designed to last. The possibilities for engineered composites are endless and the majority of designs include:
- Vanity tops and integral bowls
- Bar tops and integral bowls
- Tub surrounds
- Shower bases, wall surrounds and ceilings
- Fireplace facing, hearth and mantle
Engineered composite products are versatile and find applications in residential, multi-family housing as well as commercial dwellings. Over the years, raw materials and manufacturing techniques have improved dramatically which will allow you to enjoy your engineered composite products in their original luster for many years to come. Engineered composite products are generally coated in the mold with a clear or colored gel coat. This outer layer provides the ultimate strength to the bonded matrix. It also makes the final products waterproof, durable and resistant to chipping. Depending on the finishing processed used, the gel coat also provides the shiny surface that adds luster to the final product.
TruStone™ is the result of a unique process called Photofuzion™ that combines beautiful images of real granite and stone with standard white engineered composite. Heat and pressure combine to fuse the imagery into the surface of gel coated engineered composite. The resulting product, TruStone™, has the aesthetic appeal of natural stone products without the weight, porosity or finishing requirements at a significantly lower cost.
Engineered composite is designed specifically for the bathroom industry and is a time-tested and proven product. TruStone™ now adds new benefits to engineered composite products by offering a variety of realistic, beautiful, full size images, available in sizes up to 5’x8’. Like traditional engineered composite, TruStone™ products are impervious to mold, mildew, bacteria and water. TruStone™ can be fashioned into tub and shower walls, tub decks, skirts, shower floors, shelves, countertops, splashes, sills and more.
Now you can enjoy a bathroom with the beautiful look of full-slab stone, the function and durability of engineered composite, at a price you can afford with TruStone™.
- Appearance: TruStone™ looks just like natural granite and marble
- Selection: Choose from a large collection of images today. See our growing library of images.
- Hygienic: TruStone™ is nonporous and impervious to water, bacteria, mold and mildew.
- Simple Maintenance: Like regular engineered composite, TruStone™ cleans easily. No special sealers required.
- Cost: A fraction of the cost of slab-style granite, marble or travertine.
- Installation: TruStone™ can often be installed in your home in less than one day. No special footings or engineering is needed because TruStone™ is much lighter than slab granite.
What is Polystone™?
Characterizing wood’s plasticity and stone’s tenacity, Polystone™ is solid and non-porous. With pure and bright color, it looks noble and graceful. Its joints are smooth and seamless. Therefore, it is widely used as kitchen decoration panels, countertops, shower walls and vanities.
The Advantages of Polystone™
- Stain resistant
- Bacteria resistant
- Easy to maintain
What products can be made of Polystone™?
- Kitchen countertops and islands
- Tub surrounds
- Showers & walls
- Bathroom vanity tops
WHAT IS CULTURED MARBLE?
Cultured Marble is a precise blend of polyester resin, catalyst, fillers and pigments that is thoroughly mixed and placed into open molds that have been coated with a clear gel coat. The gel coat is specially formulated to produce a tough, durable, transparent surface resistant to inservice wear. The manufacturer produces a unique range of colors, patterns, and veining.
The chemical reaction initiated by the catalyst causes the resin to polymerize and harden, bonding the entire matrix together in a hard, strong mass. After several hours of chemical curing, the parts are removed from the molds and trimmed, ground, polished and inspected. the parts are then ready for shipment and installation.
Cultured Marble is a manufactured product, and like natural marble, granite, etc., varies in shade and color. Other products such as carpet, wallpaper, and vinyl tile vary each time they are manufactured. Manufacturers refer to each “run” as a “dye lot.”
THE ADVANTAGES OF CULTURED MARBLE
- Beauty – Elegant, Luxurious appearance
- Durability – High strength, resistant to denting, chipping, abrasion and staining (with normal use and proper maintenance)
- Lower Cost – The casting process enables the manufacturer to produce cultured marble substantially lower than quarried marble
- Seamless Construction – Vanity tops can be cast in one piece (up to 12 feet in length) with integral bowls and back splash, minimizing seams
- Water and mildew resistant – Silicone is used to seal the seams, and it is much less likely to leak or mildew than ceramic tile installations that use porous grout. It is the responsibility of the homeowner to inspect and maintain all silicone joints. As houses settle and move, there is the opportunity for the joints to separate. This situation should be corrected as soon as possible so that more serious problems do not develop.
WHAT PRODUCTS CAN BE MADE OF CULTURED MARBLE
- The list is endless, but the majority of cultured marble we sell is used for the following purposes:
- Vanity Tops and Integral Bowls
- Bath Tubs and Jetted Tubs
- Bar Tops and Integral Bowls
- Tub Surrounds
- Shower Bases, Wall Surrounds, and Ceilings